Having rules can sometimes mean being restrictive of strict, OUR rules are to ensure the safety and wellbeing of YOUR dog, our other guests and staff.
- We only care for well behaved, socialised dogs, we cannot deal with aggression of any kind. Any dog that shows aggression to other dogs or staff will not be allowed to return to the centre.
- Male dogs over 8 months must be neutered.
- We are unable to take bitches in season, you can imagine the problems that would cause!
- We can only take dogs that are fully vaccinated. Your dog’s vaccination card should be presented at your first visit to The Doggy Lodge and witnessed. This is to comply with the License Agreement in place. During their stay the vaccination card must be kept with us.
- Your dog must be regularly treated for flea and worms.
- We strongly recommend your dog has the ‘Kennel Cough’ vaccination.
- All dogs coming for home boarding must visit us first before the stay. It’s important for both owner and us to meet your dog first to asses how they will be suited for home boarding.
- All food must be supplied for their stay as well as their bed.
- Any medication they may be receiving must be clearly explained.
- Any conditions you dog may have, i.e. separation anxiety, nervousness etc must be made clear from the initial meeting to help asses they suitability for home boarding.